Admission to SPI is through written test and interview. Both will be conducted in English only.
1. The written test will consist of two papers as follows:-
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Duration||Qualifying Marks (60%)|
|Paper – I|
Paper – II
|75||75||1 ½ Hrs||45|
2. The General Ability paper will include questions on General English, General Science, Social Science, General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Intelligence test questions. About 50 questions will be on General English which will include grammar, comprehension, error correction, synonym-antonym etc.
3. Both the papers will be set from the 10th class syllabus of State Board / CBSE and no separate syllabus has been laid down.
4. The questions on GK and Current Affairs will be of elementary nature which a 10th class student is expected to be aware of.
5. Both the question papers will be of Multiple Choice Questions Format, wherein, under each question, four suggested answers will be given. Candidate has to choose one which is most appropriate and fill it on OMR sheet provided.
6. The written test will be held in the month of April every year at Nagpur, Pune, Kolhapur and Aurangabad Center. Exact dates and place will be intimated in the Hall ticket/through SMS.
7. The results will not be declared at the examination centre.
8. The results will be uploaded on the Institute’s website in the first week of May. The exact date will be intimated later.
9. The qualified candidates will also be informed individually through SMS/ e-mail about the interview programme.